Joseph's Joy exists to enrich the lives of children and their families battling life-threatening illnesses both locally and globally.
The charity's mission reflects the life-changing impact true hope and help has on children, families, referral sources, donors, sponsors and entire communities. Founded in 2011 after our son, Joseph, battled for his life, facing grade 4 brain cancer, Joseph's Joy is moving to meet the practical needs of children while extending spiritual hope to children and their families locally and even around the world.
A network of financial partners and volunteers enable Joseph's Joy to serve children with life-threatening medical conditions. Volunteers serve as liaisons, caregivers, fundraisers, special events assistants, and also in numerous other capacities.
As the organization matures, our mission will remain steadfast. Joseph's Joy children of the past, present and future will have an opportunity to experience the power of help and hope. We exist to provide hope and help to children and their families battling life-threatening illnesses both locally and globally.
What We've Achieved
- Financially assisted over 40 families in just over three years.
- Provided funds for a life-saving surgery for Vincent, a young orphan in Uganda battling cancer.
- Provided over a hundred encouraging baskets and totes to families in Children's Hospital in partnership with Basket of Hope of Louisiana.
- Partnered with Lily of the Valley to help orphans battling life-threatening illnesses in South Africa.
- Partnered closely with Basket of Hope in their mission to give the hope that comes from Jesus to newly diagnosed children and their families affected serious illnesses by the delivery of a Basket of Hope filled with inspirational materials to nourish them
- Annually supplied funds to special-needs orphans in China.
Joseph's Joy’s application for tax exempt status and tax returns are available for public inspection. Copies of such application and tax returns are available to individuals who would like to request a copy. Copies will be provided within 30 days in the case of written requests. A copying fee of 20 cents per page (plus postage, if any) will be required at the time of request. Acceptable forms of payment include certified check, money order or personal check, for a written request. Please submit requests to: Joseph's Joy | 500 Serenity Lane, Madisonville, Louisiana, 70447